Spicy Tofu and Spinach in a Mapo Inspired Sauce
A while back I had the oddest craving for tofu. But I was tired of the fried tofu and wanted something spicy and saucy (like me!). It just so happened that I got my Good Food Box that day, which came with a lovely fresh bunch of spinach. It all came together in a snap and I knew what I had to do.
• 1 package of medium firm tofu (400 grams)
• 1 bunch of spinach, washed
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons black bean paste
• 2 tablespoons chili paste
• 1 tablespoon hot chili pepper flakes
• 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
• 1 tsp sesame seed oil
• 2 tablespoons corn starch
• 3 tablespoons water
Wash and drain the spinach. Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes.
Serve over rice and enjoy!
pictures (c) CityGirlScapes