Food Review: Eat to the Beat
Tuesday night we were invited to the 18th Annual Eat to the Beat at Roy Thompson Hall. This fundraising event benefiting the Willow Breast Cancer Support Canada was full of delicious food, tasty beverages, silent auctions, raffles and best of all, corsets designed and worn by breast cancer survivors. Seeing all these brave and strong women defeating a silent killer like breast cancer is simply awe inspiring.
The night quickly flew by as patrons and supporters joined in and enjoyed the live band playing while they lined up at the booths to try one of the many delicacies especially prepared by the 60 female chefs. We would like to doff our caps off to anyone that was able to sample all creations by the chefs, as we were not able to.
We’d like to however, give a shout out to a few of our favorite bites (in no particular order):
· Thai Noodle Salad with Chicken by Chef Nuit Regular of Sabai Sabai
· Pulled Brisket Sandwich by Chef Alida Solomon of Tutti Matti
· Adult Grilled Cheese (with DUCK BACON!) by Chef Lili Sullivan of East & Main Bistro
· Salted Caramel Cake Cup by Dufflet Rosenburg of Dufflet
· Ice Wine Cheesecake Balls by Lynn Jones-Adams of Inn on the Twenty
But to be perfectly honest to those who couldn’t come, there wasn’t one bite that we didn’t enjoy. The talent and creativity of these female chefs was simply astounding.
We’d like to thank the Chefs who donated their time and talent, the sponsors and volunteers of Eat to the Beat for this annual event.
We’re sure next year will be even tastier.
images by citygirlscapes